Days 4 and 5 I had only a few hours total to work on my 7DRL. At the end of Day 3 I saw a big performance problem when I added lots of entities. On Day 4 I figured out that it was just taking time to go through them all since they all we part of the Turn System. I changed it to only include entities when the player gets near them. On Day 5 I added a couple of environment hazards - spikes and smashers. That was all I had time for those two days.
It is the start of Day 6 now so I am concerned about making the deadline. The goal today is to have a game. Just like last year I have a collection of parts of a game on Day 6. I was hoping to be further along this time. I am still figuring out if I need to take a slight direction change but I am thinking of going toward a more traditional Roguelike of going through levels deeper and deeper to the end. I am likely to bail on the racing concept at this point.