Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 4 & 5



Days 4 & 5 are complete. I didn't have much time yesterday but I did get Alien ships added along with path finding to player.

I was enjoying my progress today. I refined the alien AI and gave it the ability to shoot at the player. Its too good which discourages me from making this a one hit point game. One thing it is not good at so far is surviving in an asteroid belt!

I spent way too much time today trying to add tiles larger than 8x8 to the scene. I did finally get it worked out. You can see my placeholder (hopefully) art for the base ship and alien mother ship.

I have small and large asteroid belts, comets, nebulas, alien ships and giant motherships. Now all I need is a game. It is amazing how much those things combined do not make it a game. I have been having fun flying around testing things out, shooting at stuff and dodging asteroids. I need to get that fun captured in a sequence that has some organized flow. If I don't get that done tomorrow then I probably won't be able to call this a success from the 7DRL challenge perspective. The bright side is that I have been having a blast doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment